Saturday, March 7, 2009

Deana

Today my husband, mother, and I went to watch my daughter, Deana, graduate from La Tech. I could not wait to hear them call her name to come get her degree. I can remember the first time I put Deana up on the counter to play with my adding machine and how fascinated she was with all the big buttons. I remember her watching her favorite cartoon character on television sitting in my lap. Next, it was kindergarten, then middle-school, and then high school. I remember taking her to countless ROTC meetings, rearranging my afternoons to accommodate for those "last minute" engagements, and then watching in her senior year take "Wing Commander" and pass it on to the next cadet. Finally, the thought of her graduating high school and moving away to live on campus at La Tech just about killed me. I didn't want to let go. I looked at her today and she's all grown up and graduating college. I have learned I have to let go. She still insists on living in Ruston.

1 comment: