Saturday, March 28, 2009

Rain & Traveling

My husband, mother, and son started out Thursday night around 9pm to leave for Georgia for my brother's wedding. We drove through Louisiana, Mississippi, Alabama, and finally Georgia. From the east side of Monroe, it was rain, more rain, and stormy thunderstorms all the way to Nashville, Ga. I have never in my life seen so much rain. I didn't know if I was going to get to go because my husband's job could not let him know if he could be off Friday because they have to have confirmation of the loads they have if it is a blackout period. I have had to scramble here trying to get my paper done to submit by last night. There was problems doing that too! My son and his wife have two computers with Word Perfect and so I had to download trial version of Word 2007. After reworking my paper and then having to scan my email for the interview, the document would not pull up right after I submitted to Ms. Smith. Anyways, I watched my brother get married I hope for the last time. It is only his "sixth" wedding. He says this is it. I sure hope so. I do not get attached to his wives because as in the past they are in passing. I wished them good luck. Hope you guys are not getting any more rain. I sure do not want to drive home in it again.

2 comments:

  1. I really love the rain and icky weather except when I have to drive in it. It is scary! That was a heck of a road trip you took in the rain. Sounds like you were just having one of those days. Wow, your brother is on his 6th wedding! He should be good at it by now. Anyway, I hope your trip home is better than your trip there. I think all the bad weather is passed for now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I gave up marriage after the first one. No way I'd get married six times. Once was enough!

    K. Smith
    Eng. 226

    ReplyDelete