Saturday, March 14, 2009

Happiness

I have recently discovered that what I thought happiness was, isn't. I don't know if it was my idea or pressures of the age we live in that pushed me to a higher level of selfishness. It really sucks when you discover that you left a part of yourself somewhere, and you try so hard to find it. Myths or truth? You tell me. I have lived a life that is full of triumphant and devestating experiences, some I caused and others by circumstances. I am about to be a grandmother, and I guess that has forced me to evaluate things with more scrutiny. I disciplined myself to be a good mother and wife. I have had more success with motherhood, than the other. I admit I have been married to this husband almost as long as I spent at home with my folks. Somewhere, I am not sure, I became selfish, only thinking of my future, not our future. Anyway, they say "older is wiser." It's true!

2 comments:

  1. I have a friend now who is going through a hiccup in her marriage. They don't participate in anything with each other. What is a friend supposed to say? The best I got now, is to discuss it with her husband and work to change the circumstances.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If they have no common ground, that's a problem. Hopefully, they can find the common ground.

    Yeah, what is happiness, anyway? It changes too much for me.

    K. Smith
    Eng. 226

    ReplyDelete